Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Oldies but goodies, re-edited


I really didn't take a ton of pictures today, but I did edit a few pictures.  After I finished editing them, I was a little embarrassed that I didn't think of doing this before.  I love these pictures, and I didn't have any intention of editing them, but I'm really glad I did.





I was able to use a few layer masks on my photo today in Photoshop elements and I have great success.  I took this picture on a trip to china in 2010, and this has always been on of my favorites.  This gentleman was singing to us as we too a small raft down a river in Guilin.





This picture is definitely not finished, but I really do like the improvements that have been made.  When we were walking around an open-air market, near the Yangzi river, one thing that we noticed was how grandmothers were everywhere, watching their young grandchildren.  We were told that it was normal for the parents to go to the big cities, and leave their children with the grandparents in the small villages.  Everywhere we went the grandparents gladly showed off their grand children.

I love this picture because it discretely shows of the infamous split pants that infants wear in china, and because of the look of love that this grandmother has for the precious baby.  


Love Always,

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment