Saturday, February 8, 2020

April 20th 2017, Lisbon Portugal

On my second day in Lisbon I visited the Jeronimos Monastery and it was breath taking.  

I always try to take pictures of the stained glass in churches, and for the most part they never come out because of the brightness of the sun pouring through the window and the darkness in the church.  But somehow thank God, the picture above turned out exactly how I saw it.  

This monastery has influences from the travels around the would.  Just looking at this photo it is easy to miss the two elephants in the middle of the frame, but I just love how unique this church is.

The tour guide told us that the columns were meant to look like palm trees, I don’t know if that is true but I can definitely see it.  







Next we traveled to the Museu de Marinha (Navy Museum) in Lisbon and I loved seeing the old planes and ships.




 The Last stop on our tour for the day was the Padrao dos Descobrimentos which is a monument in Lisbon.   



I love the texture of this lock sculpture.  There are five sculpture a heart and the word love but with the crowds I didn’t love any pictures of the whole sculpture.  But the perspective of this picture makes me very happy. 

I love that I got to see a lighthouse that wasn’t too far away from the Monument.  This is the Belem Lighthouse and in the background is the Belen Tower.  

Finally I closed out the day wandering through the streets of Lisbon again.   


 This is not where I ate lunch today, but it appears directly across the street and I loved the lights.
Finally, here is my lunch for the day, Shrimp in garlic butter.  I am not one to take pictures of food often, but this was just delicious.   

Got to dip the bread in the butter

I have to say that the graffiti in Lisbon was amazing, and I think this is my favorite picture that I took of the graffiti.

Love Always,

Megs




No comments:

Post a Comment