Saturday, January 5, 2013

Fells Point

I made my way to Fells Point today, and I had absolutely no intention of taking pictures.  I did not bring Bert, my big camera...thankfully I always have my point and shoot camera in my purse.



I have not been to Fells Point, or simply down town baltimore in a while, so I had no idea that there was heavy construction occurring in Fell Point.


I could not believe that these buildings were all gutted, and only the front facades were still standing.


I was also heartbreaking to see the damage that had been done to this supermarket in the middle of the square, thankfully it looks like renovations may be beginning.


I loved the way the light shown through the supports.


And the cool blue sky against the warm red bricks.


I will definitely go back on an overcast day, it was far too bright today.


Hahahah, I love the juxtaposition of the open Hungry Andy's restaurant next to an empty facade.


When I go to fells, usually I get a cup of gelato and sit on the pier.  I love to sit by the water.


So beautiful  :  )


I was quite surprised at the vast amount of bird flapping around.  This was a very lucky shot where the birds took flight just as I depressed the shutter.


A family with a young child had brought bread crumbs, which brought all the birds to the pier.  But then the child was running around, as children do, and the birds would startle and fly off.


All in all it was a great day.  Had great italian food in little italy, wandered about in Fells Point, and watched Les Miserables.   A very nice beginning to 2013.

Love Always,

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment