Sunday, April 13, 2014

Day trip to Washington D.C.

So I haven't been taking too many pictures this winter.  On any normal year, I hate winter.  Living in Maryland gives me the the luxury of having pretty mild winters.  We might have a few snow storms, maybe a few weeks of truly cold weather, but for the most part we get pretty lucky.  Well that wasn't true this year.  It has been colder and snowed more often than I have ever experienced.  Thankfully it feels as if winter will come to an end sooner rather than later.  Thats not say that we might not get some more cold weather, but I can finally feel the beginnings of spring.

I've been a bit busy with work the last few weeks, but thankfully my boss allowed me to work a half day on Friday and I took full advantage of the time off.  I bought a train ticket and made my way to Washington DC to bask in the lovely 75 degree weather and see the cherry blossoms.  I have to say that I have never truly visited the cherry blossoms.  There have been a few occasions where I have been in DC when they were in bloom, but I have never dedicated a visit to wandering the streets of DC to photograph them.  Friday was the perfect day, and I am glad that I decided to visit.

 I got to DC around 2pm and wandered around DC for about three hours.
 Oh my word are they beautiful!!!!
 I must have looked like a total tourist, looking up at the trees at every turn.




 I had no where to go, no one to see, I just followed the crowds.  This was my favorite stop, the perfect place to sit and read my book. 
 Cherry blossoms look like something that Dr Seuss dreamed up, something out of this world.

 I love this picture.  The American Flags.  The pink Cherry Blossoms.  I love how you can see the different colors in the limestone on the washington monument :  )
 I took this picture from the Jefferson memorial. 
The Jefferson Memorial
I love the Lincoln Memorial, I always visit when I am in DC.

Can't wait to enjoy more beautiful weather, nothing is better for the soul than a little bit of sunshine.  I see more adventures in my future :  )

Love always, 

Meg

1 comment:

  1. These are lovely Meg! I really like the photo where the tree trunk is in the center of the frame.

    ReplyDelete