Saturday, June 14, 2014

Trip to Ireland: Morning of Day 1

I am 100% Irish American.  As far as I can trace my ancestors back, they have all come over to America from Ireland.  The trip that I have been most excited to take, has always been to Ireland.  I am very happy to say that I have finally gotten to Ireland and I am really excited to share to share my photos!!!

This was the first day of our trip, and we did not have our first scheduled trip in the morning, so my Father and I decided to explore the town that we were staying in that morning.


The first place that we visited as Ennis, Ireland.  We stayed at the Old Ground Hotel which introduced us to our first Ivy covered building.  The first of many.


We were blessed with the most beautiful weather throughout our trip, this was the first day of many where we did not have to suffer through any precipitation.  



Now the tour did not start until the next day, so my father and I walked around the Ennis on our own to take some pictures. 


The Cathedral of the Saints of Peter and Paul was right across the street.  While the interior was amazing, the hand sculpture in front of the church was my favorite part. 


This is the most welcoming sculpture that I have ever seen in front of a church.  Beautiful.


The next site we visited was the Ennis Friary.  The Ennis Friary was founded in 1284 by the O'Brien Family for the Franciscans.  









Beautiful!!!!



Our final stop on our walk around Ennis, was the Church of the Immaculate Conception.  




Love Always,

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment