Thursday, November 14, 2013

Accio Butterbeer

This week was an amazing week.  Case in point, Starbucks is now serving Butterbeer.  If you go to Starbucks, with the recipe in hand, they will make you a butterbeer. Now Starbucks aficionados may be saying, you can always go to Starbucks with a recipe and have them make your super special drink...


the woman who was ahead of me in line, he asked for a venti something or other, extra hot, no water, extra I haven't a clue as to what else, and I have no idea what they made for her.  I listened to the entire ordering process, and she could have been asking for coffee made of crushed up fairies, sprinkled with fairy dust for all I knew.  

Then I got to order my own complicated drink, thought up by the great minds of Starbucks, because tha was the only way that was ever going to happen.  If a coffee order requires more than one step, then I am not following.  In fact, wait a few minutes to chuckle at me ordering a large dark roast coffee.  


But this week, not once but twice, I was a coffee ordering champion.  Also butterbeer happens to be the most delicious drink ever made.  Yummo.  This is the recipe I brought with me. 

Butter beer-

Frappachino Base
three pumps of carmel syrup
three pumps of toffee nut syrup
three pumps of cinnamon dollce
expresso

(and for my second go around I got whipped cream and salted carmel bits)

While I am positive that drinking this drink with any regularity would result in an immediate case of type two diabetes, in moderation, this will always be my Starbucks staple. (being that I typically go there approximately once in a calendar quarter I should survive.) Thank you Starbucks and Harry Potter for making my week.

Love Always,

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment