Sunday, April 1, 2012

Serene Sunday

To continue with my Italy pictures, I loved sicily.  These pictures are of the ruins of Argigento, which are probably the best preserved ruins anywhere. 






We walked passed a few bridges where lovers put little locks with their initials on them.


This is an amphitheatre in taormina, it was built to face Mt Etna so that the viewers could watch the show and at times Mt. Etna would have a small eruption, and that would add excitement to the show.
I can't imagine what people would have thought when they saw this in the third century BC.


This statue of Mary was built where the lava stopped just outside the town during the big eruption of Mt. Etna.


I love seeing the dark soil peaking out of the white snow, and I love craters.

This is the end of my trip pictures for the sights of Italy, I have a few close up photos and portraits that I may post next week, or I may start posting my next trip.

Love Always,

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment