Thursday, August 22, 2013

HIlton Head day 1

Totally surprised that it is cooler in South Carolina, then it is in B-More.  

My mother and I went to visit the Crazy Crab again and I indulged in a day time Margarita.


The Food is always delicious, but the view of the Marsh was my reason for going.  I don't know who Miss Pugsy is, or if she likes said nick name, but the boat is beautiful. 


I think my favorite part is the dilapidated dock in the back ground. Couldn't have asked for a better day.


Now, one might chose to laugh at this ridiculous sign.  But I seem to remember reading a news article a few years back.  A couple of grad students, driving to their school in Australia, followed the GPS directions, which led them directly into a huge body of water.  Their car was partially submerged.  So I look at the sign in the same way I look at coffee cups which say, "Warning this may be hot."


Now I saw this amazing marsh land on the side of the road, with a dock that led out from a restaurant.  The warning sign simply said that it was prohibited to dock a boat or fish off this dock, and because I intended to do neither of those things, I decided to take a few pictures.




A beautiful Egret landing on some raised grass and mud.



And finally the purpose of us stopping our car, these beautiful sunken ships. 


Love it.


Our final stop of the day was to Shelter Cove Harbour.


Which is home to more Spanish moss, I happen to love Spanish moss. 


Also, we happened across the worlds largest figurative sundial.  How often does that happen...oh yeah...probably only once  :  )




That was enough of an adventure for the day, but tomorrow should be filled with more exciting adventures.  Big Bertha, my beloved camera, will no doubt be in tow.

Love Always,

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment