Saturday, August 24, 2013

Hilton Head Day 3

This is my last full day in Hilton Head and the first thing I saw when I woke up was this ibis sitting on the grate out back.  I spent about an hour taking pictures of it.  
I laughed hysterically when he scratched his chin like a dog. 
Every so often he would try to dry out his feathers by extending his wings.
"No more pictures please." hahahahah
Finally he started preening his back, contorting into what looked like an extremely uncomfortable position.  

Once all the excitement died down at home, my mother and I made our way to Harbor Town.
I love this lighthouse, I think it is because it has such nostalgic memories from when I was a child.  Every summer, my family would come to Hilton Head at least once to visit my grandparents.
That being said, I had never actually climbed to the top.  I saw the most amazing view.  I tried to get a good picture of the flag billowing in the wind in each of my pictures.

I have no idea what this boat is for, but it looks pretty cool. 
And finally, the manditory spanish moss pictures. 

Today was a much more relaxing day, stayed close to home and still got some amazing pictures.

Love Always,

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment