Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Hummingbird Hunting

Today is the final day of my vacation, so sad to see this come to a close.  God bless my mother, who was willing to go on a Hummingbird hunt with me this morning. 
We decided to go back to the Hummingbird and Butterfly garden at lake somerset early in the morning, which is when we saw the humming bird yesterday.  Thankfully we were successful.  

 This is the first Hummingbird that we saw, I named her Lovey Dovey, LD for short.  
(disclaimer, I watch far too much Big Bang Theory  :  )
 Next we had a very persistent Hummingbird that I called Sheldon, he was stubborn and skittish.
 This is a bottle brush tree, which is where we saw most of the hummingbirds. 


 I never thought I would get to see a hummingbird hang around for such a long period of time.  
 I think they must like to come out early in the morning because it is cooler, as we were standing in the sun we could feel the humidity increase second by second.  
We love you Sheldon, try to keep cool.
Love Always,

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment