Sunday, October 6, 2013

St Anthony's Shrine part 1

So yesterday I went to St. Anthony's shrine in Ellicott City.

 The church is truely no more than a half hour from my home, and yet I had never been there. 
 The clouds were magnificent yesterday.  I am so thankful that I was able to go outside and enjoy the day.  Finally passed my big test for work, and now I will have more time for other things.
 The entire structure is just so warm, and inviting. 
I loved the multi-colored paving stones in the entryway.
 This is a franciscan church, so it is less ornate and more sedate.   That being said, it's interior is beautiful.  The pastel ceiling brightened up the room and the ornaments are subtle and lovely. 
 Even the stained glass was only faintly tinted, and brought in a lot of sunlight without drawing too much attention.
I love this Mary statue, she has such a contemplative look about her.

Until tomorrow, Love Always,

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment