Wednesday, January 1, 2014

China Day 1

The flight to china was exhausting.  Thankfully we got in late at night so we were able to fall asleep on China time.  We woke up on day one and we made our way to Beihai Park.


Parks in china have free admittance for the elderly, so it was very common to see clubs of people taking ballroom dance classes or tai chi.  It was fun to wander around and people watch.


I also loved the exposed rock that we saw around the different temples.


This is the interior of one of the temples, I love how vivid the colors are.


We crossed the river to visit the pagoda, which was at the top of a very steep hill.  It was well worth the climb.  We passed vivid painted structures and beautiful gardens on the climb.  I love how muted the pagoda is compared to the bright colored structures that surround it. 


This was my favorite arch, I love this pictures, with the gardener in the background.


When I got to the end of my trip, I was positive that my pictures would all be muted due to the pollution that was extremely prevalent.  I was very relieved when I got these pictures on my computer and saw the colors that I enjoyed.  This tree is fabulous.  


In each of these structures, little shows or meetings were occurring. 


This group was dancing with vivid red fans, such a great people watching opportunity.  The next was a temple that we visited.  The picture doesn't do it justice.  The attention to detail was superb.


This is the exterior of the temple above, as much as I love this picture I have to say that it doesn't truly capture how amazing the decorations were.  I truly loved this day.


Finally I took pictures of funny signs when I saw them, I had to giggle when I saw the no burning sign.

Love Always, 

Meg 





No comments:

Post a Comment