Thursday, January 2, 2014

China Day 2

On day 2 we went to see the great wall of China and the Summer Palace.  The section of the great wall that we visited was the Badaling section.  

I love this picture.  Our guide on the trip visited Germany once, and on that trip he assed by a monument that he wanted his picture taken with.  He waited for five to ten minutes but no one passed by who could take the picture.  He then went on to say, that this is not a problem that one ever has in China.  I love that a minimum of seven people are taking pictures in this snap.  Hahahah.


I am still in disbelief that I got to visit China.  I was able to walk on the Great Wall of China.  


There were two paths that we could walk.  If you walked to the right then the walk was easier, to the left the view was spectacular.  I had no choice but to go to the left and I am soooo glad that I did.  I love how the wall meanders over the hills in the photograph.


This photo was taken at the highest point that we climbed to.  You can see how steep the wall is in this section.  I was exhausted when we reached the top of the last hill.



I took this picture to show how steep the wall was.  I am taking a picture parallel to the landscape, and in the foreground you can see the angle of the wall.  :  )




We also got to see the birds nest, which was pretty cool. 



You can barely see him in this picture, but there was a man walking the tightrope across the stadium.


This is a picture of the man up close, by use of my zoom  :  )


That mattress is not for the tightrope walker, he walked without a safety wire.  I held my breath the entire time. 


Another tour group member was nice enough to take a picture of my father and I.


Next we went to the summer palace, I love this trellis with the vines growing on the top.  


This was the main structure that we saw, I love how it looks like a ship.  


This bridge was meant to look like a bat.  

I have to discuss the bathroom situation.  I used a Chinese public restroom for the first time in the Summer Palace, and it was anything but palatial.  I knew that in China most of the restrooms are not the standard western toilets, so I came prepared with toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and a positive attitude. That being said, over the course of the entire trip, all the women would rate the bathrooms on a scale from one to five stars.  

Love Always,

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment