Sunday, April 3, 2016

Day 1- Cherry Blossoms in Kyoto- part 2

For the second part of the day, I am going to keep the words to a minimum....Kyoto speaks for itself  

Everywhere we walked, we ran into a photo shoot.  I don't entirely understand the tradition, but I really hope these pictures were taken after the wedding, I can not imagine how difficult it would be to clean all the white trains that we saw dragging through the dirt.

This is the Nanzenji temple, I just love the roots on the left side of the picture.

The only thing that got me to leave this city was the fact that the cherry blossoms were already fading.  I was sooo blessed to see them in full bloom, it was something that I will never forget.

I didn't take a lot of pictures of zen gardens, but I did find this garden at the temple.  I must say that the green moss that covered everything was what pulled my focus most of the time.   
Ok, so this is what I will call my happy accident's picture, because I was a bit lost when I took this picture.  Thank goodness my father has a good sense of humor.  

We also walked over a bridge, which overlooked the railroad tracks from above.  Not a perfect picture, but it was wonderful to see.  
One of the little surprises that you see when you take a second to look down, instead of up.  


Ahhhhhh, moss and cherry blossoms together!!! I can't take it.  

Meg's happy place!!!


I ended the day with a walk on the bird watching trail.  I was exhausted the next day, but I must say that it was a great way to end the day.  
Love Always,

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment