Friday, April 8, 2016

Day 6- Hiroshima, Japan

We spent the morning visiting the Hiroshima peace garden and museum.  









This is a memorial to honor the the children who died.  In particular, it was inspired by a little girl named Sadako who developed Leukemia as a result of the radiation.  She began folding paper cranes when she fell ill, her goal was to fold 1,000 paper cranes so that she could get well. 
To this day, people still fold paper cranes and mail them to Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Sadako's memory.

This afternoon for lunch we had a very authentic meal that is local to Hiroshima called Okonomiyaki.  
I must say, I enjoyed watching the process of making the meal.









I must say that I am a pretty picky eater, but I definitely at this entire pile of food.  Yummo.
Soooo, there were tons of deer everywhere.  They would come right up to people.



This deer figured out how to open this automatic door.  The man who owned the store came stopped him and offered him some lettuce.  I am guessing that the deer figured out that opening this door equals food.


This floating Torii Gate was amazing.  Unfortunately it was low tide when I visited, but it was still beautiful.  
When it is high tide, the temple appears to be floating on water.  



Love Always,

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment