Thursday, March 15, 2012

Oldfields

Today, I went back to my high school.  I hadn't been back since I graduated eight years, and it was really fun to go back and see my alma mater on a nice sunny day.

I was chatting with a friend of mine a few months ago, and she asked me what school I went to.  I looked at her like she was crazy, and said "I went to Oldfields."  Apparently in Baltimore it is typical to name your high school when people ask what school you went to, this may not be the same for everyone, but I guess I unwittingly answered the Baltimore way.  Hahahah.

I crossed this one way bridge everyday on my way to school




I just love spring.  I know it is only March, but when the flowers start to bloom, I get sooo happy.  I remember always wondering what that bridge was for, as long as I was there it never went anywhere.


This is the porch in front of the dining hall, and overlooks the front lawn.  I have fond memories of garden party here, and sitting on the front porch waiting for my parents at the end of the day.


This is right next to where the day student lockers used to be, I could either walk down to Rodney Hall where most of my classes were or turn around want walk up to the top of old house where the rest of my classes were.


This is where morning meeting is held, I walked up these steps every day and we might have heard a senior speech, hear one of the singing groups sing, and hear all of the morning announcements.


I laughed when I saw this picture,  I was standing on the second floor of Rodney hall, and looking at old house.  One year I had a history class on the third floor of old house, then an English class in the bottom floor of Rodney Hall, then study hall on the third floor of old house, and then a math class in the basement of old house.  It felt as if I was always going up and down those stairs.  It must have been freshman year, because I can't imagine picking those classes in that order  :  )


I crossed this bridge for at least two semesters each year, to make my way up to the episcopal church for aerobics or yoga class.


This is the main church, which I probably only entered once.


And this is the building where I took my gym classes, I loved the cross stained glass that would be at the back of the room.

I never got a class ring for college, but I wear my high school class ring every day.  It says "Fortezza-Ed-Umilitade-E-Largo Core, which is italian.  Translated it say, courage, humility and largeness of heart and those are the charactor traits that I try to live my life by.  I loved my time at Oldfields and enjoyed having a little walk down memory lane.

Love Always,

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment