Monday, March 5, 2012

The Zoo

"Someone told me it's all happening at the zoo.  I do believe it, I do believe it's true. It's a light and tumble journey form the east side to the park; just a fine and fancy ramble to the zoo.



"But you can take the cross-town bus if it's raining or it's cold, and the animals will love it if you do."
-Simon and Garfunkel



For some reason, I love ostriches...they just have this fierce quality about them.  I was glad to have a huge fence between them and me.



There were two different types of penguins, one was quick to swim around, the other was staying close to the feeding area.  They both had such a sweet charm about them.



As a safety measure, there is a chain link fence.  Although I would have liked to get some unobstructed pictures, I have seen enough cautionary news segments to know that bad things happen when you climb over the fence  :  )  hahahah.  I mean, when the leopard yawned, I could easily see that my head could fit in his huge mouth.

Thats all for today, love always,

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment