Saturday, May 19, 2012

Full Manual Mode

Today I finally made the leap into full manual mode.  I haven't really been posting very much these last two weeks.  Firstly the weather has been horrible, it has been very rainy for weeks and I have not wanted to get all wet.  Also, I have been working in my photography class, and have been taking truely horrible pictures.

That being said, I feel like I am finally making some progress with my photography.  The class I am taking is a lot of review.  I have taken a few photography classes, so I know about aperture, shutter speed, ISO, editing, and composition.  But for the life of me I have never been able to put these pieces together to take a beautiful picture without the auto mode, but the pieces of the puzzle are finally coming together.  This week was the first time, EVER, that I have taken pictures in full manual mode and had them turn work.  This is going to be a long road, but I am finally on the path to going farther with my photography and I am sooo excited.





In all of these pictures I am directing the camera to focus on a point of my choosing, setting ISO, Aperture, Shutterspeed, and trying to wrangle my dog...which is easier said then done.

One tricky part of this is that my yard is covered by a huge canopy of trees, so everytime the wind blew I would have to reset my settings and run after the dog.  But I am really proud of these pictures.  I did not do any editing other then adding my water mark.

Love Always,

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment