Sunday, June 15, 2014

Trip to Ireland: Day 2

Today we visited a dairy farm on our way to Killarney.  My grandfather grew up on a dairy farm before he emigrated to the United States, so I really enjoyed seeing the working farm. 


This is the house that the owner grew up in, I love the view from the courtyard.


I found a little kitten, and spent far too much time taking pictures of him. I decided that his name is bruiser and that possibly he fights crime in his spare time. 


I think I showed a great deal of restraint by not putting him in my purse and bringing him home.  


Our next stop was to the Muckross house in Killarney.  This is a mansion that was built in 1843 and Queen Victoria stayed here once.  Photography was not allowed inside, so I only have pictures of the exterior. This is another panoramic picture, please forgive the perspective being off.


This is the view from the backyard, oh my goodness.






Finally these final two photos show the view from our hotel.  


The gorgeous Lakes of Killarney.

Love Always,

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment