Monday, June 16, 2014

Trip to Ireland: Day 3

Today we made our way through the ring of Kerry.  My mother's family comes from Dingle, so I had to giggle when I saw this sign at the beginning of our journey.




I love this chubby little donkey, unfortunately he could not join us on the bus.  


The Puck Fair is now officially on my bucket list.  Once a year the town traps a wild donkey, and treat him like a king for three days.  He wears a sash and a crown and takes part in a parade.  






This is Dingle bay and the land on the far side of the bay is the Dingle Peninsula.



This was Charlie Chapman's house in Waterville.



There was a statue of Charlie Chapman right in the middle of the boardwalk.  










Once again we had un-naturally beautiful weather.

Love Always,

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment