Friday, February 17, 2012

Architecture- Photography Project Week 1, Day 1

Well, today was a beautiful day in Maryland.  It was about 50 degrees and sunny, not normal February weather at all.  I decided to go to Brookside Gardens in Silver Spring, MD.  I had never been there before, but I will definately go back soon.


The Garden is huge, and has dozens of benches all along the main path, which is at least a forty minute walk.  This Trelis really caught my attention, and I bet during the spring these barren branches will be covered in fragrent flowers.  :  )


These flowers were growing around the area, they really reminded me of the cherry blossems that bloom in DC each Spring.  I'm going to feel really silly if they are cherry blossems but they didn't have a label.


There are approximately half a dozen gazebos around the gardens, and they have beautiful views.  This Gazebo overlooks the main grassy area and contains a gorgeous chess table.  I may have to come back here when it is warm and play checkers with friends.  I also loved the detail inside of the gazebo as well.


Day two of my little photography experiment has gone really well.  I decided that I should write down my goals for the next 50 weeks.

1) To post at least 3 times a week, but hopefully I can take and post new pictures each day.
2) I want to take pictures in shutter priority mode, aperture priority mode, or full manual, and have them be consistantly better then my pictures taken in Auto Mode.
3) To discover more of Maryland, the state that I love.

That is all for today.  Love Always,

Meg


No comments:

Post a Comment