Sunday, February 26, 2012

Serene Sunday

This Sunday I am marveling at the fact that it has been four years since my trip to Italy...it feels like yesterday...


I was going to the Trevi fountain, and throwing in my pennies.  One coin means that I will go back to Rome one day, the secound is for finding true love.


I sit here today, and cannot remember what this building was.  For some reason I am leaning towards it being a government building, but I can't be sure.  Both these pictures are from the same building, you can almost see the gold leaf behind the gate in the first picture.


One of my favorite parts of Italy was the fresh thin crust pizza that you can buy just about anywhere.  I remember sitting in the middle of the square with two of my friends and being soooo happy.  Gazing at the Pantheon, the crowd of people walking about, and eating the freshest pizza I have ever had.  


Pompeii!!!  As a child I was obsessed with history books.  World War II, the holocaust, the Titanic, and Pompeii were my favorite subjects.  I was so excited to get to go there.  



The day was cloudy, but there were moments where the clouds would pass and you could see Mt Vesuvius very clearly.


It's hard to believe that all of this was buried.  You can still see the red paint, Pompeii red, and the texture of the walls.  I was surprised by how massive Pompeii is, it went on and on and on.


I would go back again in a second, and even if I spend a whole day there, I don't think I will see everything that there is to see.


And this is my favorite picture that I have ever taken.  I don't know why it speaks to me so much, but I have this photo framed in my room.

Well tomorrow I will have a brand new blur picture, come hell or high water.

Love Always,

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment