Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Architecture- Photography Project Week 1, Day 5

Hello Hello!!!

Today I decided to take a quick ride to Chesapeake City, and photography the Bethel Bridge lighthouse, and then on my way home I stopped in Have De Grace and saw the Concord lighthouse.  I have lived in Maryland for almost 20 years, man I'm feeling old, and this is the first time I have really explored what MD has to offer.  I'm going to try to visit a new and exiting place at least twice a month in the future.



I have fallen head over heels in love with Chesapeake City, and since it is only a little of an hour from where I live, I have no excuse not to go back.  The historic streets really spoke to me.




As you can see, we are having another beautiful day in MD, a little on the chilly side, but the sun was out and the skies were blue.  The lighthouse was a little difficult to find, I wandered around for maybe a half-hour before finding it...as you can tell I didn't mind.  


This was a small lighthouse, much smaller then I was expecting.  It was maybe a story and a half tall.  I loved the small stone garden surrounding it, and just everything worked with the photo.  


Havre De Grace is seriously a half hour from me, why I have never been here before is beyond me.  The town is just sooo peaceful.


I don't know why I love lighthouses so much.

Maybe it is because they are typically bleached white or vivid red.
Maybe it is the meaning behind them, how they have lead people home or away from danger for hundreds of years.
Maybe I'm just quirky :  )

What ever the reason, I could have sat and stared at these two lighthouses for hours.

Tomorrow is Mr. Winks Wednesday; I can't wait for you all to meet the love of my life, my puppy Periwinkle.  Yes, I named my dog Periwinkle... just wait til you meet him, I think the name really fits him.  He happens to be quite sassy.

Love Always,

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment