Monday, September 16, 2013

Three posts in one day


On Saturday I visited Washington DC, none of the pictures I have posted have been from today.

I posted my previous two posts before the terrible tragedy that occurred this morning.  Every-time a shooting occurs, my heart breaks.  I mourn for those injured, killed, and their loved ones.  It's easy to be blinded by your own pain, and forget about those around you.  I don't know what prompts people to do such horrendous things, but I know that we all just need to love our neighbors a little more.  Maybe reach out to those we love who are hurting a bit more.  To be of service to those around us.  

The washington monument was damaged in the 2011 earthquake.  Slowly but surely they are patching cracks, and strengthening the structure.  In light of the many tragedies that America has suffered over the years, I thought that these two pictures were poignant.   We can't stop events in the past, but we can strive forward and try to create solutions.  As a country I hope we can do so.  

I know so.


May God bless you and keep you safe,

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment